Friday, December 9, 2011

Closure on the Twister

Disaster struck Thursday, my weakness for building with wood has been brought to the surface. As I was drilling the final platform to my sculpture...SNAP! All my calculations have been busted! With the help of my teacher whom heard the whole thing go down, ran to the rescue drilling boards back to gather as fast as he could. I was so struck and flustered I forgot to thank him..... Thank you Matt! Plan B is now in effect. My sculpture is now a delicate disaster. I don't have the time or the energy to start over, so sacrificing some of the visual appeal is a must happen situation. I have made, what I call a crutch, to the back side of the third platform in order to allow my piece to stand on its own. This crutch is still unstable so further adjusting is going to happen soon. Deciding I needed it, I called for help, my right hand man showed up to help me coat my piece with primer in the freezing cold. This weekend I will finish it off with a coat of light matte gray. Overall I'm pretty sure I have had the help of almost everyone in my class, this project was a huge learning curve for me, but I do love a challenge. I most certainly feel I could now create a more successful wood sculpture in the future.

Morgan and I posing with in my opinion the hardest tool to use, the dreaded drill!
The finished work!







No comments:

Post a Comment