Monday, April 30, 2012

Metal Fabrication project




Metal Fabrication project: 
I stared this project from a pen drawing I had done 

The plan was a 3'x6' final piece, using 1/4'' steel rods

I cut and bent the steel utilizing clamps to create half circles and circles in order to begin creating the skeleton structure




The process was very tedious, cutting bending, using props to balance each piece into place so that I could weld it onto the structure
After all the pieces were welded on the structure, I used the grinder to smooth out all the welding seams

The last step was color application, spray paint and acrylic





I greatly enjoyed making my creature come to life. The process is not over this summer I plan to cover the structure with plaster strips giving him body and them painting the creature to look more like my drawing.




2 comments:

  1. Dalian Binglin Riveting and Welding Plant is located in Dalian city, Liaoning Province China, which was founded in 2002, Covering 25600 square meters, specializing in large and heavy machining, metal fabrication and welding service.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dalian Binglin Riveting and Welding Plant is located in Dalian city, steel fabrication Liaoning Province China, which was founded in 2002, Covering 25600 square meters, specializing in large and heavy machining and welding service.

    ReplyDelete